|Jerry and Kramer in "The Chicken Roaster" (Season 8, Episode 8)|
It's been nearly 10 years (and at least one face lift for Kenny) since the Roasters on 17th Street closed and was remodeled into a KFC. Thanks to the miracle of the Internet, I was able to Google the recipe in a flash. If I wasn't trying to lose weight, I'd make a batch right now.
Before I share it, however, here's a bonus, a YouTube link to the actual "Seinfeld" episode. If you've got some time to waste (and you wouldn't be here if you didn't), you can watch it right now. It's even subtitled in Spanish.
KENNY ROGERS ROASTERS CORN MUFFINS
3/4 cup Yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup yellow corn; frozen
1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
4. Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn is worked in.
5. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins begin to turn brown on top.
Makes 12 muffins